MiAL X Metro Imaging Mentorship Programme 2019
The MiAL X Metro Imaging Mentorship Programme is back for its fourth year!
Running from March 2019 – February 2020, Metro Imaging are offering one final year student studying at University of Arts London tailored support and advice during the last crucial few months study, degree show and then the vitally important first few months as a graduate. Alongside this mentorship, the winning student will also become a Made in Arts London artist, with the opportunity to showcase their work online at www.madeinartslondon.com as well as MiAL events and exhibitions throughout the year.
THE WINNER WILL RECIEVE:
- A twelve month bespoke mentorship
- £1000 credit to be used against Metro Imaging in-house services
- One to one mentorship including PPD; technical advice; networking opportunities and industry insight
- In-lab tutorials experience with various production departments
- Portfolio and practice reviews and advice
- Curatorial advice in shaping their final degree show
- Opportunities to be involved in Metro instigated exhibitions and lectures
- Introductions to Metro Imaging partners such as BSAA; Shutter Hub and Life Framer
- MiAL Artist membership with a two year contract
The chosen student must currently be studying in their final year at University of the Arts London, graduating in 2019. The selected mentee will be someone who exhibits potential within their current practice, but would greatly benefit from this one-to- one support. It is not essential for applicants to use photography as their main practice, but the photography medium must be a strong feature within their work.
Deadline for applications is Midnight Sunday 24th February 2019.
** New Extended Deadline of Midnight Sunday 3rd March 2019!**
Once the deadline has passed a panel from MiAL and Metro Imaging will meet to review all of the submissions. A shortlist will then be compiled from these submissions; students selected for the shortlist will be invited to attend a short interview with the panel who will then select a winner from the interviewed students. If shortlisted you must be available in person or via Skype for an interview on the following date: Wednesday 13th March 2019.