Made in Arts London x Metro Imaging Mentorship Programme 2020
The Made in Arts London x Metro Imaging Mentorship Programme is back for its fifth year!
Running from March 2020 – February 2021, Metro Imaging are offering one final year student studying at University of Arts London tailored support and advice during the last crucial few months study, degree show and then the vitally important first few months as a graduate. Alongside this mentorship, the winning student will also become a Made in Arts London artist, with the opportunity to showcase their work online at www.madeinartslondon.com as well as Made in Arts London events and exhibitions throughout the year.
The selected student will receive:
- A twelve month bespoke mentorship
- £1000 credit to be used against Metro Imaging in-house services
- One to one mentorship including PPD; technical advice; networking opportunities and industry insight
- In-lab tutorials experience with various production departments
- Portfolio and practice reviews and advice
- Curatorial advice in shaping their final degree show
- Opportunities to be involved in Metro instigated exhibitions and lectures
- Introductions to Metro Imaging partners such as BSAA; Shutter Hub and Life Framer
- Made in Arts London Artist membership with a two year contract
The chosen student must currently be studying in their final year at University of the Arts London, graduating in 2020. The selected mentee will be someone who exhibits potential within their current practice, but would greatly benefit from this one-to- one support. It is not essential for applicants to use photography as their main practice, but the photography medium must be a strong feature within their work.
Deadline for applications is Midnight Sunday 1st March 2020.
Once the deadline has passed a panel from Made in Arts London and Metro Imaging will meet to review all of the submissions. A shortlist will then be compiled from these submissions; students selected for the shortlist will be invited to meet with the panel to discuss their work further, who will then select a winner. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity you must be available in person or via Skype for this meeting on the following date:
Thursday 12th March 2020. Please note the date for shortlisted candidates to meet the panel has changed due to unforeseen circumstance and will now be held on Wednesday 18th March 2020.