MiAL and Metro Imaging Mentorship 2017
Mentorship opportunity with Made in Arts London and Metro Imaging
For final year University of the Arts London students.
As part of our ongoing partnership Made in Arts London and Metro Imaging are thrilled to announce the continuation of our MiAL and Metro Imaging mentorship program for a second year, open to students in their final year of study at University of the Arts London.
The successful UAL student will be awarded this bespoke mentorship which will run from January – December 2017, offering tailored support and advice during the final crucial few months study, degree show and then the vitally important first few months as a graduate.
Alongside this mentorship, the winning student will also become a Made in Arts London artist, with the opportunity to showcase their work online at madeinartslondon.com as well as at MiAL events and exhibitions throughout the year.
The chosen student must currently be studying in their final year at University of the Arts London, graduating in 2017. The selected mentee will be someone who exhibits potential within their current practice, but would greatly benefit from this one-to-one support.
Students studying on BA, MA and PhD courses at UAL are invited to apply for this mentorship. It is not essential for applicants to use photography as their main practice, but the photography medium must be a feature within their work.
THE WINNER WILL RECIEVE:
- A twelve month bespoke mentorship
- £1000 credit to be used against Metro Imaging in-house services
- One to one mentorship including PPD; technical advice; networking opportunities and industry insight
- In-lab experience with various production departments
- Portfolio and practice reviews and advice
- Curatorial advice in shaping their final degree show
- Opportunities to be involved in Metro instigated exhibitions and lectures
- Introductions to MI partners such as BSAA; Shutter Hub and Life Framer
- MiAL Artist membership throughout the year
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply to this mentorship opportunity you must complete the APPLICATION FORM.
You must provide the following details:
- Full name, student number, UAL email and contact number
- College and course details
- Artist statement
- Information on your current practice
- Details of your work
- Up to five images of your work
Application deadline is Sunday 18th December 2016.
Once the deadline has passed a panel from MiAL and Metro Imaging will meet to review all of the submissions. A shortlist will then be compiled from these submissions; students selected for the shortlist will be invited to attend a short interview with the panel who will then select a winner from the interviewed students. If shortlisted you must be available in person or via Skype for an interview on the following date:
Shortlist Interviews: Friday 20th January 2017
Applicants will be informed in the first two weeks of January if they are been successful in making the shortlist, if shortlisted we will then arrange an interview time with you directly.
The winner will be announced towards the end of January.
272 High Holborn, WC1V 7EY, Room HH202
- Steve MacLeod, Director of Metro Imaging
- Giulia Cacciuttolo winner of 2016 MiAL and Metro Mentorship.
To launch this mentorship Steve MacLeod, Director of Metro Imaging, will be giving a talk on Wednesday 9th November, 6-8pm. During this talk Steve will be presenting a lecture on this mentorship programme and what students can learn from Metro Imaging and mentorships during their studies. There will also be a chance to hear from last years Mentorship winner Giulia Cacciuttolo.